Wind ‘n’ Wood: Camping, Glamping & Learning
Looking for more privacy and “social distancing” for your camping? Wind ‘n’ Wood is the place for you!
Rustic camping meets the modern trendy glamping for a unique, peaceful experience. Choose from one of four campsites with flat tent spots, great views, and permanent fire pits.
Wind ‘n’ Wood (sounds like Rock ‘n’ Roll or Fish ‘n’ Chips) is an organic teaching garden and private campground just four miles from a launch point into the Ouachita River and a few minutes from the Womble Trail (IMBA Epic Hiking/Biking Trail). Crystal digging and rock shops are just minutes away, come dig it!
Come enjoy one of the best spots in the nation without worrying about the pandemic while you go fishing, biking, hiking, floating, hunting, or just sitting around your campfire. Astounding sky views at night with a full view of the milky way.
If you are interested in the educational aspects of Wind ‘n’ Wood let us know and we will set up soap making demonstrations, foraging hikes, sky watching and constellation identification, organic and permaculture techniques, campfire cooking, and so much more.
If you just need some time away, enjoy the privacy and seclusion of your own place in the woods away from the hustle and bustle of daily life or public campgrounds.
- Within minutes of the Ouachita River, Womble Trail, Ouachita Lake, Ouachita National Forest, Quartz Crystal Shops & Mines. Just 45 minutes away from Hot Springs.
- Full laundry service (we cold wash and line dry for you, one load per campsite per day)
- Shared single cold water shower
- Full meals (accomodating ANY dietary needs), packed lunch, or hiking snacks available upon request.
- Pets are allowed (please discuss your pet’s needs upon making your reservation).
- Trash and recycling service provided.
- $15/night for your campsite that will accommodate up to 8 people. Minimum 2 Nights ($30)
- Optional meal plans start at just $4/person
- Extra load of laundry: $3 each
Reserve Your Spot Now!
- All campsites are usually taken for the year by the middle of June, so reserve your spot now! Just send an email or text message (870-490-0782) with your phone number and the dates you wish to reserve. You can also use the form below to book your reservation now. As soon as we receive your message (it takes a while out here in the woods) we will call back and answer any questions you may have and finalize your reservation.
- You can use your credit card with PayPal through the form or button below, or bring cash on the day of your arrival.
Have you spoken with your host “Friday”? If you already make arrangements with her and she sent you here to pay for your campsite reservation, use the little blue button below to send via PayPal. Otherwise, just bring cash. You may also use the form on the right to send your camping fees through PayPal.